Thursday, July 28, 2022

Great T'ai Chi & Qigong class this past Tuesday morning

 Had a great class this past Tuesday; Janee, Nancy, Sally and I were joined by Bob and Lenny. 

Some good discussion about ideas and principles to keep in mind while practicing both solo and with a partner. 

The all important (IMO) idea of 'assisting' your partner to 'get it' and definitely not competing with them during a cooperative drill. FYI - Most developmental drills are cooperative! For some folks this is a very difficult thing to focus on. 

Especially when younger students (but older ones too) are training with a partner, I try to point out the actual task at hand; To learn how to work with a partner as a team, especially if it's a partner that is difficult for you to work with. Learning to work efficiently with a partner is the kind of skill that will serve any student well in other aspects of life. 

If you can revel in the accomplishments and refinements of your partner, then you in the correct spirit IMO. Laughter and smiling is a a good indicator. Just sayin'

I'm sorry that I didn't take any photo's of this wonder-filled gathering. I guess I was too engaged?

One of my favorite Standing postures - Raise Hands and Step Up -