Saturday, July 29, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

Echo assisting with today's Spear practice. Here I am working on Thrust to the Knee.

I had Echo duty while GG was in town for meetings, the Y and chores.

I started with a full Warm Up and Standing Meditation. 

When I got to #9 Exercise, I reviewed the single leg Standing Set from Cheng T'ing Hwa Bagua Zhang (Liu Bin Method I learned from Master Zhang Jie). I've been doing a version of this set instead of #9 Exercise for the past few months. I learned the set in the late '80's. It's very demanding so I'm taking advantage of the stable flooring of the deck. I've tried it on the beach in the past and found it a bit too challenging on the feet, knees and hips. It's doable on the deck as long as I don't try and hold each posture for too long. The last two (of 8) are extremely demanding. 

I then moved on to do a Round (right side) focused initially on the principles and then about 1/2 through I shifted into Mushin/Wuxin "Mind, No Mind" gear. I merely observed from a third party perspective (Meditation mind set). I became calmer and more spirited at the same time with a profound connection to the Tao all around and inside of me. 



Calmly I became one with nature.....

I hope you're enjoying your practice.

Drop me a line and let me know how it's going:

jrroysifu@gmail.com