Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

After starting my practice on the deck with my new practice partner 'Echo' after a full Warm Up, I went out to my practice spot by the garden to do a round of The 21, using Hun/Haah (with a martial intent) and then a round of the first Yin Fu Bagua Zhang Set, focused on #3 Change and then a Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan (right side) focused on the principles described in the Tai-Chi Classics. 

Later in the afternoon I did a Spear practice. I worked on the Bagua Spear Set that I've been developing. I think I have the first few changes starting to solidify. I have to remember not to over rotate at my waist as it seems to bother my low back and SI joints. That is especially with the weight of the weapon it's super important to monitor my waist rotation. 


Echo supervising my practice on the deck.

I hope you're enjoying your practices. Drop me a line and let me know what you're working on.