Thursday, August 3, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

I've got Echo care this morning so I practiced on the deck again. 

This morning I started with watching the video that Jeff sent of the Spear seminar with Sifu Ray. I focused on the 2nd section (coiling). After watching it a few times I went out to the deck to see if I could re-create it. I had better luck than yesterday. Knowing the targets and direction of the circles (coiling) in relationship to which side is forward. Note: Sifu Ray started with left foot forward bow stance and his circles were clockwise (making the receivers circles counterclockwise.)

Echo didn't seem to care for the rattle of my Spear! I may have to switch back to my silent Wushu Spear? 

After a short Spear session I moved on to Knife Flowers with a Jian and Tassle. I started working on this earlier this week. This is the first session where I feel that I'm making progress; Especially the right side is feeling more comfortable. I could really feel the work out on my hands and fingers.

I used the Bosu Ball for some of my Warm Ups and then for Standing Meditation. During the Standing I used mind intent to imagine that I was standing on a mirror, feeling the 'push-up' from the earth as I release (Song) downward.

I then did a Round (left side). I focused on the tip of my tongue on the soft palate and feeling the end of the Du Channel (tip of tongue) and the beginning of the Conception Vessel (soft palate). I noticed that this tongue position produced much more saliva and even more when I introduced a slight smile to the corners of my mouth. 

I finished with Standing Meditation and Centering of my Breath.

I hope that you're enjoying your practice or exercise today. Please drop me a short note to let me know if you're looking at my blog. Thanks!

Email Sifu Roy