Saturday, September 23, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

It's cold and damp outside, I'm also watching Echo this morning, so I decided to practice in the living room/dinning room area looking out towards East Hill and Beaver Meadow.

I did this mornings entire session listening to the cassette tape that I made last year, of the Tai-Chi Classics from Master Paul's book Drawing Silk. I recorded several of the 'Classics' from Master Paul's and have found that listening to them while I practice has been immensely helpful. I also memorized most of the first classic: (The first is called simply, The Tai Chi Classic and is traditionally attributed to the immortal Taoist Chang San-feng), to that I have added a few lines of my own which I've been regularly reciting out loud while I do the T'ai Chi Ch'uan Solo Form.

I started the session this morning with a full Warm Up of The 10+ Exercises. I added Bagua Zhang Standing (Guard Posture) for #9 with some auxiliary Bagua exercises in preparation for the Bagua For Health Seminar that I'm offering on Sunday Oct. 22nd. 

Email Sifu for more information on the Bagua For Health Seminar

Next I did a Round (right side) while listening to The Tai-Chi Classics.