Thursday, September 21, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

'The Wild Goose Leaves The Flock' (w/ Kick Up)  from the First Set, Yin Style Bagua Zhang

I practiced on the deck this morning. I started with a medium Warm Up and then I used my Bosu Ball as the center of my Bagua Zhang Circle and I reviewed the first Yin Fu Set (with kick ups ala Wang Shujin).
Next I worked on the Bagua Spear Set that I've been creating. I've got the introduction, basic walking posture and Changes #1 & #2 pretty flushed out. It's still a work in progress! But it's a labor of love!!

Next I worked on the new Standing Meditation sequence that I've been working on, using the Taoist formula of the most difficult postures in the middle and ending with a gradual returning to the easiest postures. The 'old' sequence had the overhead posture (THE most difficult) at the end. So I'm moving it to the middle and ending by slowly returning to the first posture.

Next I did a Round (left side). I've been reciting the Tai-Chi Classics out loud right at the beginning of the form and tying the lines in the Classics like "Neither excess nor deficiency" to the physical movements in the form with really good results. I'm beginning to 'embody' the principles with much less conscious thought.....'IT'S' just happening naturally. Well 'naturally' after decades of dedicated effort...IT has become effortless. It's an odd sensation, I only wish I could bottle IT.