Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

Day 2 of sunrise beach practices. It was very windy coming in from the E S/E and lightly raining. Sunrise was at 6:48 this morning. As you can see there wasn't much of a sunrise, but it did get lighter! There beach was completely deserted. 

I started with a full warm up using The 10+ Exercises. I've been feeling that I need to do a FULL Warm Up every single day. The warm ups have a positive effect on my health. But I still have to DO THEM!

About 1/2 way through I tucked myself up against the sea wall at 22nd Ave. in order to get a bit out of the wind. I found a place where it was more comfortable and proceeded to finish my Warm Up. I did some Standing Meditation using the Cheng Bagua Zhang Single Leg Standing Set for #9 and the 3 Swings and Song Gong for #10.

Next I did a Round (right side). One of my mental focuses today was feeling the earth pushing up against my feet and imagining the brightening and dimming of my image below the ground as my weight shifts right and left. Brighter with more weight, dimmer with less. I focused on feeling the weighted leg releasing as I shift my weight to the other side. I had a very strong feeling of the release in my lower body.

I also focused on the rotating of my tail bone and waist to control the Jin coming up from my feet and legs. Again I had a very strong feeling connection from hip, to foot, to leg, to waist, forming in the fingers.


I find the squadrons of Pelicans fascinating. Every morning they fly south to feed and every evening they fly north to roost....They have been doing that for a very, very long time. They are positively prehistoric creatures.