Monday, December 18, 2023

Monday Practice

 

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:12 with low tide at 6:54. It's colder this morning (60). The wind was steady from the W N/W and was topping off the waves and creating that beautiful spray. There was a heavy cloud bank on the horizon and a grey sunrise until the sun peaked out from above the clouds about 10 minutes into the sunrise.

The Practice:

There was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on. I started with The 10+. I used Hun/Haah Breathing (out loud) for most of my warm up and then into my Round (left side). I could feel the contracting and expanding of my entire body (neck down). I also incorporated HuiYin Breathing when applicable. I've been doing 2 kinds of HuiYin Breathing 1. Abdominal Breathing 2. Reverse Breathing. I generally do abdominal breathing while practicing buy I've been doing reverse breathing while I'm qigong walking in the evenings.

Next I reviewed Anyo Anim (#6) and Kusanku Kata, focused on deepening my stances, especially the lower stances in Kusanku.

Next I did a double cane session with my dragon sticks. I also reviewed Tai-Chi Jian Form....

I ended with a healing qigong

Notes:

Despite the cold there were more folks walking and jogging on the beach. I saw this 'beach art' and thought that the ocean will eventually reclaim everything!