Saturday, December 9, 2023

Saturday Practice


The Photo:

Sunrise was at 7:07 with high tide at 5:46. It was warmer than I expected so I was overdressed and had to take a few things off to be comfortable. I was happy that I had long sleeves and pants on though. There was very little to no discernible wind so the nsum's were a bit pesky. I had several around my face and at least one biting my hand....Ugh! Where is the redeeming value of nsum's? Where and what!! Such little tine pests. Oy!

The Practice:

After getting my camera rig set up and taking a few shoots I started with The 10+. I added a number of extra's this morning including a full neck and shoulder routine. I regularly stretch my shoulders and upper back and I've been adding dumbbell routine for the past couple of weeks at the gym. While doing the weapons forms I've noticed and have accentuated the circling of the head in both directions and with both arms. This motion closely resembles what I'm doing in the gym with more weight. I concentrated on keeping the weapon close to my head, just like what I'm doing with the dumbbells.

After a full warm up I proceeded to do a Round (right side). As usual, I had several focuses during this mornings session; Ting leads to Song was a constant theme throughout the warm up then the Round.

Next I reviewed Anyo Lima (empty hand form #5) and Chinto Kata. I focused on relaxed balance (zhong ding) and fully extended kicks.

Next I worked with single and double canes. I spent a fair amount of time on Abiniko and one and a half finger circling. 

Notes: 

I saw a few regulars walking, jogging and biking the beach. The nsums were pesky this morning.