Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

Total wash out this morning. Cloudy and grey....again! 

There's been a run on these grey washed out sunrises lately...Oy! 
 I predict that there will be a colorful one.....Soon!!
Right??

                                             It did lighten up about 20 minutes after sunrise.

                       The best part of higher tides is that it surely keeps folks off the beach!

                         Santa Ritchie on Christmas morning shooting a cloudy and grey sunrise! 

The Photo (s):


The sunrise was at 7:16 with high tide at 8:54. It was another wash out, cloudy and grey sunrise. It did get lighter but there was virtually zip in the color department. 
There was a slight breeze from the east and it was warm enough to prompt me to take my hat and jacket off! At least is wasn't raining and cold!! Yay...


The Practice:

There was very little beach to practice on and the tide was rising. Once again I practiced in soft sand with lot's of seaweed scattered about. Not the easiest surface to practice on but I seem to be able to make it work for these old feet, ankles and knees. Yay!

I started with The 10+ interspersed with taking a photo or two......Stretching is a great thing to do in the early am to reset the golgi tendon organ. ("The Golgi tendon organ (GTO) is a proprioceptor – a type of sensory receptor that senses changes in muscle tension.")

Main thing is 'gently' stretching, getting lengthening through release as opposed to forcing it. The 10+ is a great system/modality to get the whole body top to bottom. With gratitude and appreciation to Dr. Leung Kay-Chi for teaching me the original 10. 

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on smooth, steady, expanded, relaxed and soft movements with a light and spirited feeling. I had a profound connection to natures energies as I viewed and contemplated the horizon.