Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday Practice

 

There was a heavy cloud bank on the horizon this morning, obscuring the sun but there was a splash of color off to the north. I love the brush strokes of clouds that mother nature put there. I'm in awe of nature!

A wide angle view of the color in the north and the cloud bank to the south.

             There were squadrons of pelicans cruising the waves just off shore. I'm in awe of nature!


The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:18, low tide 9:50. It's 57 at the house. There was a pleasant breeze coming off the land. Very pleasant temperature to train in.

The Practice:

After setting up my tripod and camera I started my warm ups using The 10+ interspersed with shooting the sunrise. 

Next I put my rig up near the walk over and returned to the water line to do a Round (right side).

Today I was contemplating how 'regular' practicing at sunrise on the beach, is starting to feel. Lucky me! 

I'm not saying that it's always easy to get down to the beach on time for sunrise, because it's not easy. It takes discipline to get up in time and dressed for the weather and walk out there with my rig and weapons. Most day's when it's time to get dressed, I rarely feel like it. After disciplining myself to get out there and start, I often feel motivated as I go through my rituals and routines. I'm interested in consciously developing productive daily habits like consistent martial arts and qigong practices, musical practices, qigong walking, resistance training, drinking water and green tea, meditation etc. 

As we age taking care of yourself becomes a full time job!!

Next I reviewed Anyo Dalawa and Seisan Kata, putting more snap in my punches and extension on my kicks. More 'flow' in general to my forms.

Next I used my walking cane to review Tai-Chi Cane form (right side). Interesting to do this form with the longer heavier cane. It's very easy to 'feel' the weight of the cane and allow it to 'flow'. I put the follow through's in Part III.

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house. I had a 8-9 video meeting with Jeff, it's Friday!

I saw GG and Echo on the way back to the house.

IMO - Everything starts new then with time and iterations, consistency and effort, the endeavor is no longer new, but becomes ordinary and regular. Eventually if you persist it can become a habit, a ritual that is developmental and profound. 'It' become extra-ordinary