Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

It was warmer than expected. I was slightly overdressed. The beach was unusually busy with tourists and a few regulars too. The tide was coming up so I played a little push-hands with the ocean. Fun!! I did well as I didn't get my sneakers wet. A few close calls but no cigar!

I shot these two photos with my Motorola phone camera. It's been very squirrely lately, either taking multiple images or not taking an image at all. Oy! Tech problems is one of the constants of modern photography. 


The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:15, the last low tide was at 4:15. It was 68 here at the house. It was warmer than expected. The breeze was coming directly off the land (west) and it was pretty still on the beach. From the house I thought it was going to be a washout but alas I wished I had brought my camera rig, but I made due with my phone camera.

The Practice:

I started with a modified warm up using The 10+ near the water line playing push-hands with the ocean.

Next I did a Round (right side) near the water line. Lot's of walkers, mostly tourists. I did my best not to be distracted. I did pretty good. I focused on being aware (ting) of any tension and consciously releasing tension (song). I spent some time observing my unconscious competency and connecting with natures energies. It was a beautiful and clear sunrise. The sunrise qi was palpable!

Next I did a round of Anyo Tatlo and Seiuchin Kata focused on central equilibrium (zhong ding) and full extension of kicks and punches. 

Next I did a round of the 4 Modern Arnis Cane Anyo's and a round of Taiji Broadsword.

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house to watch the Rolex 24. The Wheelen '31' with Pipo Derrani at the helm have been in the lead for most of the race. 4 1/2 hours to go!!