Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 


It's a double red flag day! A total wash out of a sunrise and the sea is very angry!!

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:11, high tide was at 5:31. It's 57 here at the house. The wind was super strong and gusty coming out of the N/E blowing steady 20-30 and gusting to 45! Oy!! The birds were having a rough time negotiating it as they attempted to fly north into the headwind. It's the most trouble flying that I've seen to date. There was a double red flag up, meaning nobody was allowed in the water (surfers) or on the beach. Obviously no cars were allowed on the beach. I didn't see a single person or even the beach patrol! Oy!!


The Practice:

It was a practice in adverse natural conditions. High tide, strong N/E wind. Luckily it was mild, otherwise it would have been impossible. I found a 10' by 20' shelf of soft sand up near the dunes. It was protected enough to practice there. 

I started with a modified warm up. I did a round of The 10+. I did them all but I didn't do the amount that I normally would in a full warm up. 

Next I did a Round (left side) in very soft sand.....Challenging!

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Wansu Kata tuned into proper extension and more snap (fa jin). 

Next I did a round of the four Arnis Cane Anyo on the right side.

I finished with a Healing Qigong and returned to the house. 

This was one of the roughest (weather wise) beach practices this season. I really felt profoundly a part of nature!