Monday, March 11, 2024

Monday Practice

Finally a little color at sunrise. It's been an abysmal season for colorful sunrises. Don't get me wrong they are all beautiful in their own way. I personally prefer my sunrises and sunsets to be full of natures wide range of colors. The light hitting the clouds is different, from a different angle and trajectory and simple beautiful to the human eyes.  

Once the sun came up most of the color disappeared. 

The Details:

It's 57 here at the house. The sunrise is at 7:38, high tide is at 10:22. It was very windy gusting 25-30 right down the beach from the north. Rivers of sand were blowing south. I had my Canon DSLR on a tripod and had to protect it from falling over. I took a few shots and put it far up the beach, towards the dune, snug in its case.

The Practice:

I backed up towards the dune and walkover for protection from the fierce north wind. It worked a little!

I was in soft sand again with my back to the north wind, hood up, ear flaps down, facing towards the see wall at the condos at the end of 22nd Ave.

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to my environment and the benefits of daily practice of The 10+. Bow to Dr. Leung and all the teachers that have contributed to the version that I'm currently doing in my 40 years of researching them, they are still a work in progress. They change as you age....It's the natural way!

Next I did a round of Taiji Qigong - The 21 - using Hun/Haah Breathing throughout the qigong. Tuned in to opening and closing, stretching the nerves, fascia and meridians.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned in to expanding my Yi out to the horizon and beyond. Every time there was a 'sweeping' movement I connected with the horizon and the curvature of the Earth. I felt a profound connection to Earth moving through time and space.

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito and Sunsu Kata tuned in to the basics in Anyo Pito and the changes to Sunsu.

Next I used my dragon canes to do a round of Double Dao (broadsword) tuned into the benefits to my shoulders and hands and the agility from the cross leg stances when they are done low they are excellent for loosening my hips.

I finished with Healing Qigong before returning to the house. 

Note:

I met Julie Anna on the beach. She bought Bob and Janes house at the end of the street. I also saw Mary K on 22nd Ave. Her granddaughter and her friends were driving her crazy, keeping late hours, making a mess etc.