Saturday, March 9, 2024

Saturday - Year 73

The Details:
Shot this image with my Cannon when I first got down to the beach. I was a bit late because the sunrise is so early this time of year, but it's daylight savings 'spring ahead' tonight, so tomorrow morning will be at 7:40! Yay!! That'll make it much easier to get down to the beach for the best color and a more leisurely morning at the house. I'm just not ready to get dressed with shoes on and out the door at 6:30. Frankly it's hard enough to get out there day after day for sunrise. The thing is it's a privilege to be in a position to be able to have access to such a beautiful beach and close enough to easily walk there and I'm healthy enough to be able to physically, mentally and spiritually 'Do It' at the ripe old age of 73. With gratitude and appreciation, so far so good.

It was 72 at 5:30 am here at the house. It's going to be warm on the beach this afternoon, close to a record breaker, in the high 80's. The sunrise was at 6:41, high tide at 7:42. There was a gusty wind coming out of the west initially and then swung around to be gusty out of the S S/W. When there wasn't any wind the no-see-ums were out in force. Ugh! It was too warm for sweat pants but I was happy that I had them on. The long pants didn't help my bare arms, neck and face though. I got pestered!!

There was very little beach available. I initially started my practice at the water's edge but retreated to the 'shelf' after a couple of close calls with the Atlantic. The tide was coming in so every once in a while the dominant wave would get a little too close for comfort. I really didn't want to practice in wet sneakers.

The sand was super soft and deep on the shelf, Oh ya and there were holes that had been dug by toddlers. Balancing was challenging. I can't believe how much I've adapted to practicing on uneven ground. I seem to be able to get away with it. Cool!!



The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to the line (Jin Lu) from my feet to my fingertips. Adjusting my alignment, release and stretch to form the connection that includes my entire being, all aspects.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned in to the triangles that exist throughout my body, feeling them opening and closing the correct amount. Tuning in to coordinate these triangles to create a wave. The Wave is instantaneous as an electrical alternating current or a Flam in drumming. Jin moves at an instantaneous pace, the speed of unconscious thought.

Next I did a round of Anyo Lima and Chinto Kata tuned in to stance work in the soft sand and agility.

Next I did a round of Taiji Cane using my walking cane. I moved down to the water's edge to do this form. I've got some changes in Part III that I'm still working on; The follow through strikes for sure. I'm still contemplating the end of Part III, the two handed strikes. I may have to review the video of Master Ray again. 

I finished with Healing Qigong as I was heading back to the house.