Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

It was super windy coming out of the N N/E. The ocean was angry. 

The Details:

It's 65 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:23, high tide at 9:14. Steady wind out of the north with the tide still rising. There was very little beach to practice on. I ended up snuggled up to the south side of the walkover at 21st Ave.

The Practice:

When I got down to the beach the north wind was so strong that I walked up to Las Brisas to get some wind block from the sea wall and walkover. 

There was very little beach to practice on and the tide was still rising. I practiced in very loose sand, not my favorite but I made due. I also used the 4 square feet method with a lot of change steps.

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to my surroundings.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned in to being soft (relaxed) and smooth, feeling the effects on my nervous system and state of mind.

I had to use the bathroom, so I ended the beach session with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house. 

After using the bathroom, I resumed my routine in the backyard, where I started with a round of Anyo Isa and Naihanchi Kata tuned in to being consistent and agility. 

I finished with a round of Taiji Double Dao using my aluminum double broadswords that are light weight so they didn't irritate my right thumb injury. I'm still dealing with that. 

                                    A storm cloud just of shore on my late afternoon beach walk.