Thursday, March 7, 2024

Thursday Practice

 

I shot this image with my phone as soon as I got down to the beach. With the sunrise at 6:43 it's getting more and more challenging to make it down there before the sun rises. This morning it was crystal clear with not a cloud in the sky, even the horizon was clear. The tide was slowly going down but every dominant wave in the set had me running for higher ground. 

The Details:

It's 63 here at the house. The sunrise was at 6:43, high tide at 5:58.


The Practice:

I practiced on firm but soft sand just off the waters edge. With the high tide close to sunrise I was pleasantly surprised the there was as much beach and there was. Yay!

There were a lot of tourists on the beach this morning. I guess it's because the weather was warm, there was very little breeze and it's Bike Week. I started my practice with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to natures energies, releasing tension (song) and opening my joints, slightly stretching the tissue just under my skin (fascia). 

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side)

During my Round I tuned in to distinguishing the five kinds of postures. 

Twist step postures like Brush Knee raise 1" and favorable step postures like Ward Off sink 1" there are several postures the sink more that 1" like Snake Creeps Down and Needle at the Sea Bottom and postures like White Crane Spreads it's Wings raise more than 1". There are yogic postures like Wave Hands Like Clouds and Repulse Monkey that remain at the same height. I noticed that I have been doing this principle internally without much outside movement at all. In order to get that happening externally I felt like I had to contrive it, it felt too forced to show it like that. That is the 'show form' and once you 'get it' then the idea is to feel it but not show it on the outside. Using the mind and spirit to sink the qi. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Tatlo and Seiunchin Kata tuned in to quality stance work and agility. I've internalized these forms for a better effect as I age. I've got another birthday coming right up!!

Next I used my walking cane to do a round of the four Modern Arnis Cane Anyo (Isa, Dalawa, Tatlo, Anim) tuned in to the tip of my cane, the live hand and quality and shape of my postures. I went slow and deliberate. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was heading back to the house.

I've got a hair cut at 10 and I'm picking up Bill at 11 for tea and conversation. 

It's Jim's birthday today....He's 68! He's catching up to me;^)


                                                             Hibiscus is blooming!