Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

I brought my Canon w/ tripod this morning. I captured this image as the sun was rising. There was an interesting cloud formation, but little color. Oh well, it is what it is!

A close up of the sunrise over the horizon.


I shot this after the sun was over the horizon. Once the sun rises the color usually washes out and I stop taking photos and begin my exercise routine. At this point I usually tear my camera rig down and move my tripod and gear up the beach towards the dune. 

The Details:

It's 63 here at the house. The sunrise is at 7:36, low tide 6:08. There was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on and very little wind. I ended up taking my jacket and top off and practiced in a cotton t-shirt and sweat pants and was perfectly comfortable.


The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to the opening and closing of my body, mind and spirit without overthinking. 

Next I did the opening/closing and several discreet movements of Wuji Hundun Qigong that I learned directly from GM Duan Zhi Liang during his last US seminar tour. I tuned in to the space between my palms. Master Duan reminded us that all of our ancestors did these movements and that we should reflect on that fact when we are practicing these qigongs.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned in to the principle of coordinating the internal and the external. Tuned into Mushin (mind no mind) observing the quality of the principles happening with little to no conscious thought. Very interesting perspective.

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa tuned in to the spring in the progressive step and the quality of the basics.

Next I did a round of Naihanchi Kata tuned in to the changes that I'm pondering.

Next I used my dragon canes to do Arnis and Taiji basics in rows and against a set point.

I finished with a Healing Qigong