Thursday, April 18, 2024

Thursday Practice

 

I shot this image with my phone camera as soon as I arrived at the beach. There was very little wind and what there was, was coming in from the west, so the beach was in the lee. The noseeums were out and bugging my face and neck. I was happy that I had long pants and long sleeves on.


The Details:

It's 69 here at the house. The sunrise was at 6:55 and the last high tide at 5:48. There was a strong Sea Scent reminiscent of the Sea Scent that I'm familiar with on the coast of Maine.

The Practice:

I started down by the water's edge with a full round of The 10+ tuned into the health benefits of doing this set daily. 

Next I stayed down by the water's edge to do a Round (right side) tuned into expressing Jin in my fingers and using that expression to connect to the horizon for cultivation of natures energies.

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa tuned into the quality of my basics and overall postures.

Next I did a round of Seisan Kata tuned into the timing of my steps and strikes. I used the crane stances to open my hips.

Next I did a round of Taiji Dao reciting the names of the postures out loud. I've been working on memorizing the names of the postures. I'm at about 40-50%.....More work is needed on this.

Next I did a left hand Dao session using Level Push and Draw the Knife Horizontally.

I finished with a Healing Qigong while I returned to the house.

I've got a 10 am haircut and lot's and lot's of packing to do .......Tomorrow we migrate north!