Monday, May 27, 2024

Monday Memorial Day Practice

 

It was raining today so I opted to practice in The Barn. I also set up my Tama drum kit and started in on the PA. I shot this wide angle with my phone camera.

The Details:

It's 65 here at the house. The sunrise was at 5:18.

The Practice:

After setting up the Tama's and a session of drum set practice. I got them sounding pretty darn good! I started with a round of The 10+ on The Porch.

Next I did a Round (left side) to the Master T. T. Liang's music and his count. I tuned into the 'arrangement' and focused in on making what could feel fast, feel slow. 

Next I came inside The Barn and did a round of Anyo Apat tuned into the kicks and set ups for the kicks and basics in general.

Next I did a round of Wansu Kata tuned into the slipping of punches by angling my body. This happens several times throughout the kata.

Next I used my Dragon Canes to do a complete Stick Warm Up and a session of Arnis basics ending with the 'Around The Head' series.

I finished with a Healing Qigong....


The Tama's w/ my Premiere 2000 snare drum (hidden). This kit is all birch, very well constructed with a 18" bass drum. I've been playing my big Ludwig kit in the loft. This kit sounds very different and is very fun to play. I'm looking forward to playing music with my pals.


         A high quality all Birch Kit that I bought this a few years back from my drum pal Dave K.