Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Tuesday @ The Studio Practice -- Longevity!

 

                                I shot this with my phone camera before anyone showed up for class.

The Details:

It's 66 at the house. The sunrise was at 5:17.

The Practice:

I went into The Studio to teach the 8-9:30am Taiji and Qigong Class. I had four students show up.

I talked about Longevity.....It's a thing! You can relate that to just about everything. Strive to consistently practice over a long period of time. Just staying healthy enough to practice as one ages is a goal.

I started with a Warm Up using the first half of Master Ray Haywards warm ups.

Next I did full session of Standing. I adjusted the sequence to put the hardest postures in the middle and starting and ending with the easiest.

Next I did a round of The 21 (Taiji Qigong) talking through the breathing.

After a short water break we did a Round of Taiji Quan starting on the left side for Part I and back to the right side for Part II & III.

I ended with a Healing Qigong

After class I did a round of The Taiji Dance with Read. We made it through both sides. Yay!

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian with Janee talking through the names of postures. 

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian on my own.

I left The Studio to make a short stop at Travis' to return his tablet.

Next I went to the YMCA to do a CYBEX session. I saw Jackie Burke there.

I connected with Zach to repair the Gibson 335 ES Dot.....Yay! It'll take time and a couple hundred dollars...but at least it'll be fixed!