Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Monday Practice


 The Details:

It got down to 51 last night. Sunrise was at 5:12


The Practice:

I started in the driveway with a 6' Staff Warm Up followed by a round of Monkey Staff, Taiji Staff and Low Family Staff Forms and basics.

I focused on the end of Monkey Staff and filmed it (Sony mirror less) and the sequence in Low Family. I'm getting a bit confused in both spots. The primary technique I use when rehabbing a sequence is to 'not think too much' and let my unconscious take over. I've done these forms hundreds if not thousands of times. It's 'in' there, I just have to 'get out of the way' MUSHIN - Mind/No Mind'

Next I went up to my main practice spot in the shade with Big Greenie and did a round of The 10+. I focused on opening my body and mind.

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into counter balancing and adjusting Brush Knee Twist. Letting the image of B P Chan resonate and adjust my form.

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa tuned into applications and quality basics

Next I did a round of Naihanchi Kata focused on the changes I'm pondering.

I ended with short Healing Qigong.