Friday, September 6, 2024

Friday Practice

 

The Details: 

It's 54 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:21. Another cool and foggy and overcast day.


The Practice:

I started with an acoustic guitar practice, I'm working on a couple of finger style guitar songs. They are coming along slowly but surely. At least my left hand fingers have developed enough callouses so that practice is no longer painful, frustrating yes, painful no! Yay!!


Next I did a TRX and Dumbbell session in The Barn.

Next I went to The Driveway to do rounds of Taiji Staff, Monkey Staff and Lo Family Staff. I also reviewed the Taiji 13 Spear Techniques on both sides (A & B). I had a tad bit of difficulty with the sequence of the 13 Spear Techniques. I really need a regular partner to fully flush this out or at least review it solo more often. 

Next I went to my main training area and did a short round of The 10+ tuned into the changes that I am making in order to evolve the set to be more and more effective for 1. Health 2. Martial application

I did #9 with the three variations of Snake and Hawk Palm around my Bagua Poles.

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side) focused on bending my forward knee ala Micheal Philipps. I also tuned into the health benefit of long term daily practice. Consistency is key to success, no matter the endeavor.

Next I did Healing Qigong

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa tuned into the applications and the quality of my basics.

Next I did a round of Naihanchi Kata focused on solidifying the changes that I'm making to the Kata.