Saturday, March 18, 2023

Saturday Practice



The Photo:
It was very colorful this morning, just before the sun rose. Sunrise was at 7:31 today. The first shot was taken as soon as I made it to the beach around 7:20ish. Shortly after I noticed the Sliver of the Moon. So beautiful seeing the Moon as the Sun was rising. Magical!!

The temperature a pleasant 60 with a slight, off and on breeze from the S/W. Even though it was high tide at 7:01 this morning I found ample hard packed sand to practice on.

The Practice:
This morning I continued working on yesterdays focus; Maintaining Central Equilibrium (Zhong Ding) throughout the entire practice session and all that that entails.
I was especially focused on maintaining Central Equilibrium throughout all the transitions from posture to posture during my Round (right side)

I focused on:  
1. Vertical Alignment
2. Release from head toe
3. Expand in all directions
4. Connect internally and externally via fascia and connective tissue
5. The entire body being light and agile

"Stimulate the qi, like the beating of a large drum"
 
"Retain the spirit internally"

Notes:

This morning I saw:
Lisa no-shoes to say hi to
There were only 2 of the 4 walkers this morning

Rita came back to our house after the bridge walk with GG.