Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday Practice

 

The Photo:
I made a cardboard target for Spear practice 
- I hung it at heart level - 
The Practice:
I started in the driveway with Spear basics, followed by the Staff Forms that I'm transitioning to Spear Forms; 1st the Low Family Staff Form; It seems to me that this form could be used for Spear or Staff. I'm really liking practicing it with a Spear. Fun!!

I've also been working on transforming what I call Tai-Chi Staff that I learned back in '79 from Sifu Ken Cohen in the front yard of Wu Ming Valley House, Sifu Paul Gallagher's Taoist Academy in Hadley, MA
Along with Sifu Rayhayward and Master Paul (Gallagher)
After a lengthy Spear session I moved on work the Broadsword Form from Master T. T. Liang's T'ai Chi Ch'uan system. Focusing on the timing of the shuffle and variety of movement. 
Then I did a brief Warm Up 
Followed by a Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan (left side );

Today's Focus:
HuiYin Breathing

5 heights of postures

*Counter Balancing throughout the Round:
 
            **Stationary it feels like a well poised (balanced) scale.

            ***Moving it feels like a moving (cart) wheel.