Friday, August 18, 2023

Friday Practice

Single Leg Standing Meditation on the deck.

I started with a full Warm Up - The 10+ Exercises - I'm adjusting exactly what and how much I do on a day to day basis. Listen first......Then adjust to what you're hearing. My advice is to be kind but not lazy and strive to be able to distinguish. 

Giving in to procrastination will kill a daily practice. Hold the standard the best you can...But still be kind to yourself;^)

Among other adjustments and additions to The 10:

-Shoulder rolls before #2

- Angle changes at the end of #2

- Accentuating the twist in the mid body during the kick ups #6

- Added the Dragons Back before #7

- Used HuiYin and Hun/Haah Breathing in #7

- Substituted the Cheng Style Bagua Single Leg Standing Set - I held #1 and 2 longer and added more stretch in #7 and 8.

- I've been substituting The Three Swings (from Bruce Franzis) and Song Gong for #10


After the Warm Up I proceeded to do a Round (left side) reciting The Classics out loud as I started to practice. 

- I've also been adjusting the exact position of the tip of my tongue.

- I continue to feel the expansion and contraction of my body and mind connection. That feeling is becoming easier and easier to access. 

I hope that you're enjoying you practice. Let me know what you're working on....

Email Sifu Roy

I've been practicing Single Leg Standing regularly in the #9 Exercise. I've started to use the Cheng Style Bagua Single Let Standing Set. Lui Bin's Bagua Zhang (Cheng T'ing Hwa Style practiced in Bejing) is noted for it's Single and Double Leg Standing Postures. This set primarily works the lower body while the 'Old Eight Palms' primarily works the upper body. Together they help develop the whole person.