Saturday, August 19, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

I started my practices this morning with Holding The Moon on a bosu ball.

While holding this posture The Moon represents your true self. 

Feel as if you are gently compressing a large balloon towards your chest.

Feel the finger tips connecting to an unbroken line from finger tip to finger tip (including arms and back).

Be aware of all the 'triangles' created at the joints  

The joints feel open, slightly stretched and springy 

Imagine standing on a mirror

Feel the earth pushing up at the soles of the feet.

After the Standing Meditation session I proceeded to Warm Up with The 10+ 1-4

Then I produced a short video clip (GoPro 11 Black) of Part I of The Wild Goose Qigong (WGQ). I did the first section 3 times with feeling. WGQ is a complete system of Inner Cultivation. A true treasure to practice.  The main ideas while practicing WGQ are:

- Open Channels

- Release turbid ch'i

- Gather new ch'i from the earth, the universe and nature

- Circulate and balance ch'i 

Afterwards I continued with The 10+ at #5 and added the deck railing stretch series that I've been doing lately. 

I added increased awareness of my torso's connective tissue stretching side to side (ala XC skiing) during #6

I added The Dragons Back series before #7

I did #8 against a corner, keeping my back straight and going low enough to feel my tailbone releasing down.

I did The Old Eight Palms from Cheng T'ing Hwa Bagua Zhang (Excellent meditative internal set) for #9

For #10 I did The Three Swings and The Song Gong series.

I then did a Round (right side) using No Mind - Focusing on my connection to the Tao and the energies of nature that are all around me. 

Excellent session! I can't wait to watch the video I shot of The Wild Goose Qigong!!

Drop me a line and let me know what you're practicing.

Email Sifu Roy