Friday, November 17, 2023

Friday Practice

 

Looking south from the 22nd Ave boardwalk there was a little splash of pink in an otherwise black and white sunrise.

Sunrise was at 6:49 this morning with a light breeze from the east. Pleasant temperature in the low 70's, the tide was about half way with low tide at 4:45. There was plenty of hard pack sand to practice on. Very few folks on the beach!

I did a full Warm Up of The 10+ Exercises; Master Choi's Bagua Standing Set for #9 and the 3 Swings and Song Gong for #10.

Next I did a Round (right side). One of my mental focuses today was to feel the fingers expressing Jin from the root. I had a profound experience of tissue expanding away from the bone, expanding in all directions and connecting internally and externally. 

Next I did a Healing Qigong and a bit of Standing Meditation.

Followed by a round of Modern Arnis Anyo 1, 2, 3 and American Karate Forms Seisan and Nihanchi