Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thursday Practice





The Photo (s):

Sunrise was at 7am (finally). Sunrise is going to get later and later until it starts to get earlier and earlier, after the 21st of Dec. I find it very interesting to be involved with natural cycles of the season and tides, add the sun and moon and you've got yourself a extra-ordinary connection to nature. 

I thought it was going to be colder than it was. It was 61 at the house. I felt I was a bit overdressed, but that's better than underdressed!

The Practice:
I started with a full Warm Up using The 10+. Again I feel that I'm getting a huge bump from these exercises and qigong's. I'm so happy that I've got them in my arsenal. Thank you Dr. Leung Kay-Chi (R.I.P.) Bow!

Next I did a Round (left side). I found myself mostly observing with a meditative mind set, simple enjoying the fruits of my labor. I had an extraordinary connection to nature this morning. 

Breathing in Chi is in me

Breathing out I'm in Chi


I am nature
Nature is me

Notes:
I saw Paul riding a bicycle instead of running. His knee's have been bothering him after running. IMO It's important to keep moving and if you can't get away with 'that' then perhaps 'this' will be better. The main thing is to not let what you can't do interfere with what you can do. 
Just keep moving!!

I also saw Marty to talk to. He is off on Thursday's and likes to walk the beach down to Flagler before the sunrise so that he can watch the sunrise on his walk back south to 22nd Ave boardwalk. He was a bit late this morning. The color is best about 1/2 hour before sunrise. I think sometimes that I would like to start taking photo's well before the sunrise. I'm concerned that if I force that I won't want to do it at all. The inner dialog before getting out to the beach is substantial. 
The whole thing is much more tenuous than one might think. It's very easy to go from 'doing' to 'not doing'. The other way has a heavy hit of inertia. 

A body in motion has a tendency to stay in motion

A stationary body has a tendency to stay stationary



                                          A Snowy Egret does a little fishing for breakfast at sunrise.......