Friday, December 22, 2023

Friday Practice


 The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:14. This image was shot about  7:00 when the color on the horizon was spectacular. The photo does not do it justice but does represent the basic idea of what I saw. The photo is nothing like actually being there. The best thing for me about taking photographs is that the photo usually is able to transport me back to that moment in time. I love that!!

With gratitude and appreciation.

High tide was at 4:47, so the tide as going down and there was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on.

The Practice: 

I wanted to get down to the beach early enough to get my practice in and get back to the house for my weekly video call with Jeff from 8-9 am on Friday's. 

I started with The 10+ followed by a Round (right side) focused on moving slow and smooth contemplating the unconscious complexity of being a live human being. I had a profound feeling of being part of the sunrise, the ocean, the beach, the sky, the wind, the sun and all the life around me, people and animals.

Next I reviewed Anyo Dalawa (#2) and Seisan Kata focused on full extension of my kicks and punches. 

I ran out of time.... I had to get back to the house!