Saturday, December 30, 2023

Saturday Practice

 



The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:17 with low tide at 4:38. The tide was rising but there was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on. Coldest day yet (40's) but there was very little breeze. In spite of the cold weather there were lot's of tourists on the beach. The 'benefit' of a holiday weekend?


The Practice:

I dressed for the cold and was happy that there was virtually zero wind. I started with The 10+ focused on release and shape. Those 10 Exercises are GOLD! I can personally attest to the benefits; I've been doing them daily for 40+ years. When I was working full time I'd do them multiple times per day. It was one of the many benefits that derived from teaching martial arts full time. If you ever studied with me I'd suggest to get in the habit of doing The 10 daily. Let me know if you need help!

email Sifu Roy

Next I did a Round (left side) in the quicksand near the waters edge. I focused on connecting to the horizon and wildlife with the idea that I am not separate from nature and the inside of me is a complete universe. I contemplated being one with the Tao, balancing qi - shen - jin and coordinating the internal with the external. 

Next I reviewed Anyo Pito (#7) and Anyo Walo (#8) and Sanchin focused on the correct sequence and direction of movements. 

Next I did a double cane warm up and basics then reviewed Tai-Chi Double Broadsword with my Dragon Canes. I am getting used to the weight and texture of those canes. Gratitude to Sifu Ray Hayward for them!

Finally I did a brief Healing Qigong then back to the house.