Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday Practice

 

No beach this morning because of my early doctors appointment. After breakfast I practiced out in the backyard. It was cold and breezy.

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:15, low tide at 4:59. It was 53 here at the house. A cold front came through overnight. I didn't go to the beach for sunrise.  I even had to dress for it with gloves, long pants and a wind prof jacket in the back yard.

I have an early doctors appointment this morning. I'll need to leave the house by 7:20 to get there in time. 

The Practice:

After breakfast I practiced outside in the back yard. I still had to dress for it with gloves, long pants and a wind prof jacket. I had a very contemplative practice. It felt so private in the back yard, after weeks of practicing on the beach with every manner of passerby's walking, jogging, riding bicycles having loud conversations on their phones, oh yeah and the cars, trucks and electric bicycles that drive by; All are a distraction for meditative practices. 

I did a full warm up with The 10+ focusing on opening up the body tip to tip

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on light and agile body tip to tip and all parts connected like a string of pearls.

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat and Wansu Kata focused on clean, snappy basics

I ended with a brief Healing Qigong