Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday Practice

 

Our house guests decided to sleep in after the super early and busy travel day yesterday. We were originally going to drive over to Blue Springs to view the Manatee's. So I had already decided to practice in the backyard. So I stayed with my plan.


The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:54, high tide at 9:58. It's 53 here at the house. 

It was 'see your breath' cold in the backyard at 7 am, but there was zero wind. I had to wear a ear flap hat and gloves to be cozy. The privacy and peacefulness was wonderful. The beach is kinda busy with beach walkers, joggers and cyclists out for a morning constitutional. Practicing on the beach can be very distracting, especially on warm days when the tide is out. I relished the privacy in the backyard this morning. 


The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ focused on #6 'spiraling my spine' and the 3 Swings and Song Gong. 

Next I did a Round (left side) using a metronome set at 60bpm with two tones; 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & etc.

Next I resumed the rotation of the Anyo and Kata that I taught at The Studio. This morning I was on # 3 (I missed yesterday because we went to Orlando Airport to pick up Genna and Ali.) I did a round of Anyo Tatlo and Seiunchin Kata focused on the quality of my movements and agility.

Next I used my collapsible Jian to do a round of Taiji Jian (double edged straight sword). Focused on the tip. I'm so used to doing this form with my walking cane (heavy and too long) it felt different with the super light collapsible Jian.


                                    A cherished gift from Master Ray Hayward. Bow!