Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thursday Practice

 

One of the first shots. I got down just a tad too late for the real color. Still, every sunrise is an amazing experience. They are all similar but different!

The tide was really low and there was lots and lots of beach and hard packed sand to practice on.
Paul (the jogger) has been riding his bicycle at sunrise instead. It's easier on his knees. He regularly stops to say hi. This morning was no exception. He was running late to the chat was brief.

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:04, low tide at 7:24. It's 59 here at the house. There wasn't a discernible wind. I was dressed for bit cooler and windier weather so the noseeums didn't bother me but I suspect they were out and about.

It was a very social morning I kept stopping during my warm up to chat with folks that I've come to know. The sunrise crew!  These interactions have become and integral part of my training. There's lot's of joy and camaraderie in those chats. It feels supportive and greatly assists me. The camaraderie makes the training that much more attractive. One more reason to get my butt down to the beach in time for sunrise. 

As the sunrise becomes earlier and earlier I'm having a tougher time with getting down there on time. This morning for example the color was spectacular about 1/2 hour before sunrise. But by the time I got down there, the sun was already up and most of the color had disappeared. I have to be careful because if I make it too difficult I won't want to do it at all. Oy!! 

Be mindful when you add anything. Be aware that it only took one more straw to break the camels back. My daily practice is currently so big that adding anything can tip the apple cart over.....Tread lightly! 

The Practice:

I focused on accessing joy and wonder throughout this mornings session. Today was 92 sunrise beach practices this season. As what you practice becomes an ordinary thing that you do. It can get more difficult. It's transformed!

I started with a round of The 10+ to warm up accessing the simple joy of moving and moving pain free at 72! With gratitude and appreciation. 

Next I did a Round (right side) contemplating the joy of where I was and what I was doing. I felt profoundly connected to natures energies and the people around me. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Wansu Kata focused on the quality of my basics and agility. 

I started to do a round of Taiji Cane but there were just too many tourists to be comfortable doing weapons forms. So I stopped...

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house.

Note:

Jeff is flying in later this morning. I'll be meeting with him to train over the weekend and into next week. It'll be great to see him and have a good training partner to work out with. I'm not sure how much I'll be writing but I'll try to keep up the best I can.