Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Tuesday Practice

The sun was already up when I got down to the beach. It was clear, thus cold, but not much color once the sun rose. Luckily there was only a slight north breeze. The tide was medium high that, along with the cold temperature, kept most folks away from the beach this sunrise. 
 

The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:59, the last high tide was at 5:52. It's 48 here at the house. I'm going to dress for a cold morning on the beach. I was right it was cold and the beach was mostly deserted.


The Practice:

After using my phone to snap a photo. I started with a full round of The 10+ focused on consistency and opening my body. It felt good to be profoundly connected to natures energies all around me. 

Note: I had a few instances where I momentarily felt my right knee. I did more Bagua Zhang and The Swallow Skims Water low postures with Jeff these past few days, than I usually do. I guess that I did too much? My knee isn't too bad but it is concerning.

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on "Stimulating my qi like the beating of a large drum" and a light and agile body throughout. I emphasized the down and up of my applications/postures. "From hip, to foot, to leg, to waist, finally expressing in the fingers".

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito and Kusanku Kata focused on agility and longevity. 

John stopped by on his walk north to chat. 

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian with my walking cane, reciting the names of the postures throughout the set. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong and returned to the house.

I've been meeting with Jeff from 10-12:30 the past three days. It's been nice to have him here. He's flying home later today. I'll miss him!