Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

I brought my Canon and tripod but it was so windy I had to duck behind the seawall at Las Brisas. It was a washout of a sunrise. In retrospect my phone would have been sufficient. Oh well!

The Details:

It's 59 here at the house and quite windy in the backyard. Sunrise was at 7:29, the last high tide was at 5:32. It's was super windy and cold on the beach. I dressed for it! But still.....


The Practice:

I did a 4 square feet practice, snuggled up to the sea wall at Las Brisas. 

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned into waking my body and mind up. It was challenging to practice in the wind and cold even though I was tucked in behind the sea wall. Every once in a while I would get a little a too far out and the wind would make it's presence known.  

Next I did a Round (right side) in 4 square feet of soft uneven sand. Challenging, but good practice.

I tuned into Change Stepping and relaxed balance in the soft and uneven sand. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Lima and Chinto Kata tuned into the health benefits from doing these forms regularly. Profound! 

Next I used my wooden katana to do a round of Taiji Dao tuned into the tip of the sword. I have a rubber boot on the tip. 

Next I did Push the Knife on the left side with forward moving stance work.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was walking back to the house.

Dave and Melinda are flying home later today. They've been wonderful guests. 


Brrrr! That's a sand river flowing in the foreground. The wind was whipping.