Monday, March 18, 2024

Monday Practice

 

I shot this photo with my Canon camera. 

The Details:

It's 71 at the house. The sunrise was at 7:30, low tide at 11:03. It was a nice sunrise, but without any discernible wind the noseeum's were out in force. I was happy that I had long sleeve and long pants on. Still my neck, face and hands were the target of a bevvy of noseeum's. Oy! 


The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ tuned in to waking my body and mind up. The 10+ are a great tonic, a wonderful set that can be practiced well into old age if used prophylactically they are very effective. Bow to Dr. Leung for teaching them to me when I first started to train Yin Bagua Zhang with him. We always started out private classes with a round of The 10 (original version), and the 8 Ba Ji (stances) before moving on to the Bagua forms. He taught us the form from Master Wang Shu-Jin first. It has the 'kick up' sweep after Hide the Flowers Beneath the Leaves. 

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned in to feeling Jin rising and falling from my feet to my fingers. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat and Wansu Kata tuned into the health benefit to doing these forms regularly. Definitely more kicking than the internal sets that I regularly practice.

Next I used my walking cane to do a round of 1-4 Modern Arnis Cane Anyo (Isa, Dalawa, Tatlo and Anim). I did 1-3 on both right and left sides and #4 just on the right.

I finished with Healing Qigong before returning to the house.


                       Dave and Melinda joined me for sunrise again. It was a good one! Yay!!