Monday, April 22, 2024

Monday Practice - First day back in Leyden


I started my day off with a cup of tea dedicated to Master Paul.  I used the teacup that was given to me soon after he passed. RIP - Gone but not forgotten!

 

I shot these images with my phone camera.

The Details:

I practiced on the deck this morning soon after it warmed up a few degrees! It was in the high 40's! Brrr!!


The Practice:

I started with a full round of The 10+ interspersed with beginning on Master Ray's 30 Warm Ups. I tuned into getting a very specific stretch; Not too much or too little, but just right.

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into the view, the trees, the quiet, the air quality, the deer and most importantly the bird songs. There was continual bird songs throughout my Round. Spectacular Round! 

Next I did Standing Meditation session exploring the Taoist idea of the hardest section should be in the middle, making the beginning and ending more relaxed.

Next I resumed my rotation of the Modern Arnis and American Karate-Do forms with a round of Anyo Tatlo tuned into the applications of the postures.

Next I did a round of Seiunchin Kata tuned into the quality of my basics and adding more focus at the end of my postures.

Next I did a round of Taiji Double Dao with my Dragon Canes

I finished with a Healing Qigong.