Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

The Details:

I shot this image with my phone camera from the deck, mid morning after it warmed up a few degrees as the sunlight warmed up the earth and air. It was super clear without a cloud in the sky. It was 'crisp' but the air was fresh, clean and tasty! The Spring Qi was strong and delightful.

The Practice:

I used The Music with Master T. T. Liang counting out the beats. I used the solo form as a 'warm up' this morning. 

I started with Round on the right side to the music with Master Liang counting. One Da, Two Da........ 

Next I did a Round on the left just to the music. I was accurate with the count all the way through.

I noticed that the quicker pace (15 minute Round) afforded more opportunity for 'light and agile' movements. I like the idea of multiple round alternating between the right and left sides.

Next I did a round of Bagua Yin/Yang walking first using 'Wild Goose Leaves The Flock', followed by 'Snake And Hawk Palm' and I finished with 'Yin/Yang Palm'. The last two palms were spontaneous and came out as I continued to practice with Wild Goose Leaves The Flock Palm/Guard'. An epiphany that comes from doing and not overthinking, but allowing the epiphany to occur by getting out of the way mentally and spiritually while still doing the practice physically. A very interesting experience.

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat - I messed up the ending and had to re-start.

Next I did a round of Wansu Kata tuned into the quality of my basics getting full extension and more snap.