Friday, May 3, 2024

Friday Practice

 

I shot this with my phone camera. I just felt like practicing in the loft. 



The Details:

The sunrise was at 5:40 and it was 51 here at the house. Mostly cloudy and a wee bit chilly.


The Practice:

I practiced in The Loft looking down the valley towards East Hill. 

It was mid morning when I did a Round to Master T. T. Liang counting the beats to the music. It's been an interesting study. This morning I noticed how keeping to that particular tempo and count effected my sense of flow and rhythm. As a Drum Set Player I find this very interesting. I'm fascinated by all things time related. 

I also focused on the principle below:

Yang Cheng Fu's Ten Essential Points of Taiji Quan:

#7 - "The upper and lower parts of the body must move as one unit."

Master Paul's commentary:

"The meaning of the above phrase is expressed as follows in the Taiji Classics, 'The root is in the foot, it sprouts in the leg, it is controlled by the waist, and energy moves up to the fingers. From the foot to the leg to the waist - - all must move as one unit.' If the hand moves, the waist moves, the foot moves the eyes and spirit intent follow the movement -- only this can be called moving the upper and lower parts of the body as one unit. If one part does not move, then the body's energy will be scattered and dispersed."

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa. I had a very nice flow balanced with solid basics. Nice round!

Next I did a round of Naihanchi Kata. I focused on the changes I've been pondering.

I finished with a brief Healing Qigong

Note:

I had a video chat from 8-9 with Jeff

Dead River gas guy got here early 8:30 to install our new gas grill and disconnect the old one.

Then a meeting with Shubal at Denny's at 10

Another busy morning!!