Saturday, May 4, 2024

Saturday Practice

 


I shot this image with my phone camera. The view is looking to the west from just in front of my garage. 

The Details:

It's 47 here at the house. The sunrise was at 5:40 this morning. 


The Practice:

I started with reviewing Taiji 13 Spear Set on the left side. I did both the A and the B side.

Next I did reviewed the Bagua Spear Set that I was working on back in the fall of 2023.

Next I did a round of The 10+ tuned in to the opening of my body and mind, breathing in fresh air and connecting to the earth and spring Qi. 

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into the Internal aspects of my training. Focused on sinking my Qi and mobilizing Jin. I was intrigued by the pod cast that I had listened to this morning and #8 from Yang Cheng Fu's Ten Essential Point. 

Yang Cheng Fu's Ten Essential Points:

#8 "The internal and external must be in coordination."

Master Paul Gallagher's commentary:

"The which is developed in Taiji Quan is spirit-vitality. Therefore it is said, 'The spirit is the leader, the body the follower. If one's vital spirit can be raised, then every movement can be light and nimble. The postures do not go beyond the principles of substantial and the insubstantial, opening and closing. When one opens, not only does a hand or foot extend, but the mind and intention must also extend outward. When one closes , not only does a hand or foot come in toward the body, but the mind and intention must also draw inward. If one can perfectly coordinate the external movement with the internal intention, then gradually there will be (no) gap whaterver between them."

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa tuned into the quality of my movements. I added more snap and focus than lately. I felt the form assisting in the transformation of my body. IMO - That's a continuous project. Because as you age the body continuous to change.

Next I did a round of Seisan Kata tuned into quality basics, full extension, especially with the kicks. I also tuned into the feeling of transformation. I've been practicing this form since I learned it in 1975. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong.