Thursday, May 9, 2024

Thursday Practice - #9

 

         I shot this image with my phone camera from the deck looking W S/W. It's a beautiful morning to practice outside! With gratitude and appreciation!

The Details:

It's 52 here at the house. The sunrise was at 5:34.

The Practice:

I started inside with The Ten +, I was on hold trying to get my John Deere X320 fixed. I've got my fingers crossed that April is going to come through for me. Please!!

Next I went out on the deck to do a Round (right side) to the music with Master T. T. Liang counting out the beats. I tuned into #9 principle:

Yang Cheng Fu's Ten Essential Points

#9 "Each posture must be joined to the next without interruption."

Master Paul's commentary:

" The energy of the external arts is the brute muscular force of Later Heaven. Therefore, it alternately waxes and wanes, is broken off and re-connected. When the old strength has been exhausted and the new is not yet developed (i. e. when one move is finished and the next has not yet begun) one can very easily be controlled by an opponent. In Taiji Quan one uses mind-intent rather than muscular force. From beginning to end it continues fluidly without a break; completing a cycle and beginning again, it flows in an endless circle and is never exhausted. An early treatise says, "it is like a great river or the sea itself, flowing on endlessly without ceasing." It is also said, "Mobilize the intrinsic energy as if you were reeling silk from a cocoon." All of this refers to its continuity without break.

Next I did a round of Anyo Lima tuned into the applications and stance work.

Next I did a round of Chinto Kata tuned into the stance work for cultivating agility.

I finished by using the Power Broom on the driveway for 1/2 hour or so. We're about 85% done with the driveway, thanks to the power broom. Oy Vey!