Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

         I shot this image with my phone camera before it started raining, actually pouring cats and dogs!


The Details:

It's 52 here at the house. Sunrise was at 5:35. 

The Practice:

I'm going down to Hatfield to visit and train with Paul C.

It was raining by the time I was ready to practice. I did a round of The 10+ to warm up and check my body for injuries that I might have picked up yesterday using the 'power broom' to clean up the driveway. 

Note:

Because the ground didn't freeze the plow person really chewed up the driveway. There's a lot of TRG on the lawn, especially at the bottom. What a wreck!!

Next I went up in the loft to do a Round (left side) tuning into internal development and how daily Taiji strengthens ones core and affects ones bone and joint health. 

I looked for space everywhere inside by releasing and expanding.

"Hang the muscles

Open the joints"

                                 I shot this with my phone camera soon after arriving at Paul's. 


I got to Paul's around 10. We started right in with a short Warm Up that included Up And Down and Whirlwind and Whirpool with arms making large circles with finger tips leading, then we finished with #1 and #2 of The Ten

Next we did the bow stance version of Taiji Ruler.

Next we did a round of Separate and Push expressing Jin in the hands and fingers.

Next we did open and close the hands and fingers - Fist to Open Hand - 

Next we did two Rounds of Part I up to the second Brush Knee And Twist Step, with no corrections.

Next we walked around the kitchen island.

Next we worked on #4 Pulling The Toes Back to strengthen the front of the shine 

Next we practiced Lion Walking - Heel strike w/ toes up then rolling onto the ball of the foot - around the kitchen island.

Next we did Cross Punches to a focus pad with long stretched out punches without leaning forward too much, rather maintaining ones balance, also extending and retracting the punch as if the forearm was in a 'sleeve' ala a piston.  

 Next we did single arm Push-Hands focused on pushing and pulling power. I had him using me to push and pull on with the goal to push me off my base. 

After a bit of conversation I headed back up the valley to Leyden.