Monday, August 19, 2024

Monday Practice

 

The Details:

It's 68 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:02. It's wet and rainy...again! It's forecast to be stormy with threat of sever thunderstorms this afternoon. Oy!


The Practice:

I started out in The Driveway with a round of Taiji Double Dao (broadsword) after listening to Master Liang's interview yesterday I realized that this was his favorite form and I was given (by Master Hayward) the right side of Master Liangs Double Dao Set. Master Liang learned from 15 different teachers; He had a lot of weapons forms. I remember watching a film of him in his mid 90's performing the Double Jian Form. It's one of the main reasons why I continue to adhere to his method. I feel so fortunate to be practicing his style of Taiji all these years. Many thanks to him and his senior students for sharing this marvelous art with me. Bow with gratitude and appreciation.

Next I did a full round of The 10+ tuned into consistency and properly stretching my connective tissue, separating the hard (bone) from the soft tissue and separating the red and white soft tissue. I've been using #3 Baguazhang for #9 and doing a review of the Three Yin Fu postures/sequences that I know.

Next I went to The Stone Patio to do a Round of Taiji (right side) to The Music, focused on staying in sequence, in time and on the right side. 

Next I did a Healing Qigong