Saturday, August 17, 2024

Saturday Practice

 


        My Lung Ching Taiji Jian (double edged sword). This is a replacement Jian for a Lung Ching Jian that Sifu Ray Hayward gave me back in the 1980's. That Jian was stolen out of my office on Wells Street in Greenfield. Tom Sokol and Maggie Madden gave me this one to replace the original. I've had this one for over 30 years, substantially longer than I had the original. I wonder where that original Jian ended up? I hope with someone who had the skill and the discipline to use it. 

The Details:

It's 61 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:00. 


The Practice:

I started out watching a video of Master Liang performing Taiji Jian Form a couple of times. ( FYI - I posted the video's to this blog.) The first one he was in his 50's and the second one in his 80's. The were similar but different. Another example of refining as we age; smaller movements and less jumping and high kicking.

I started in The Porch with a full round of The 10+ tuned into the health benefits from doing these marvelous exercises every day. Lot's of bang for the buck!!

Next I moved outside on The Stone Patio


to do a Round of Taiji outside - I wanted to do a right side Round but ended up on the left side a number of times. Good fodder for checking for any over reaction when I notice that I've slipped into the 'other side' Oy!

Next I did a round of Anyo Lima tuned into the techniques, applications and sequence.

Next I did a round of Chinto Kata tuned into agility and exercise.

Next I did a round of Healing Qigong 

"Pore Breathing Qi Permeates My Bones"

Next I went to the driveway and did a round of Taiji Jian letting the image of Master Liang performing this form wash over me and readily influence the round. Very lively and spirited round.