Sunday, August 4, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

I'm having tea with Master Paul this morning. Deer Mountain is on the other side (East) of East Hill.

The Details:

It's 72 at the house. The sunrise was at 5:46. It's foggy, humid and warm. Jeff's coming at 10 (he had to cancel) and Gerri and George are coming for supper, arriving at 6.


The Practice:

I practiced on The Deck this morning starting with a full round of The 10+ focusing on the overall health benefits from daily practice. These are truly marvelous exercises. Thanks (bow) to Dr. Leung Kay-Chi and all the other teachers that have contributed to my current version; the + part and my understanding of opposite movement on either side of the joints along the 9 Zig Zag Path, leading to 9 Joint Harmony.

Next I did a Round of Taiji to a metronome set at 60 BPM with two tones; one for the downbeat and the other for the upbeat. (1&2&3&4&) I focused on hearing the & and outwardly stopping (pausing?) and starting the next posture on the 1 of the next count. I felt VERY tuned in.

My Round got interrupted a couple of times. The metronome did help getting back to the 'grove' and feeling of the Round.

Next I did a Healing Qigong - 

"Pore Breathing: 

Breathing in, 

Qi permeates my bones.

 

Breathing out, 

Into the space 

That is everywhere"

Sifu


It started to get too hot and sunny on The Deck, so I moved into my main training area, seeking the shade.

I did a round of Anyo Dalawa tuned into the sequence, the quality of my basics and the applications.

Next I did a round of Seisan Kata with snap and full extension. I tuned into the time of stance/strike and the kicks.