Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sunday Practice


 I'm moving my BaguaZhang Poles (thanks Lenny) into my main practice area. I've been asked by my better half to move them from this hill I've had them on for the past ??? years. It's a bit too muddy where they were and the new spot has TRG as a base and is much better to train on, mainly because I don't track the dirt and mud into the house after training. I'm looking forward to the new spot and hoping that it attracts me to practice around them more often.

The Details:

It's 57 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:08. It's a forecast to be a nice day. I've got a gig this afternoon. Shubal's 80th birthday party. I've to be there setting up at 1.


The Practice:

I started in my main practice area with a brief warm up then I moved to the driveway to do a round of Taiji Dao using Master Liang's broadsword. I focused on the timing of stance and cuts and watching the tip of the sword throughout the round.

Next I moved back to my main practice area and did a Round of Taiji (left side) focused on connecting to the serenity that is present on my property and to a profound connection to nature. I continue to find Fair Lady Works The Shuttles to be one of my favorite 'cultivating' postures. It works for me 99% of the time.

Next I did a brief Healing Qigong 

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa tuned into agility, application and sequence.

Next I did a round of Seisan Kata focused on the quality of my basics (full extension of kicks) and timing of stance and strikes.

Time to get ready for the gig today. I need to leave about 12:15 or so.....