Monday, September 23, 2024

Monday Practice

 


The Details:

It's 47 at the house. The sunrise is at 6:39. I'm up early because I have a private lesson with Seth at 7.


The Practice:

I started with acoustic guitar practice.

Next I went down to The Driveway to prepare for Seth coming. 

Once I got set up I began with Yin/Yang Circle Walking from Cheng Style Bagua Zhang while I was waiting. I ended up practicing for only about 5 minutes because Seth was right on time!

After greeting Seth we started the lesson.

I began by talking about theory in The 10+ Exercises and stretching and exercising in general.

Next we did The 10. I first did the 'original 10' then I added the + parts that I've added over the years.

Seth's proprioception & awareness has improved since the last time I saw him move.

The main points I emphasized were

#1 - The Taoist 70% Rule

#2 - Look for the line from fingertips to soles of the feet and vice versa.

#3 - Consistency is more important than intensity.

After Seth left I picked up the stuff that I had brought out to the garage for his lesson.

Next I went back out to The Driveway and did a Round of Taiji (right side) reciting the Taiji Classics during Part I and I focused on maintaining and monitoring a Tranquil State Of Mind (TSOM) throughout the Round.

Next I did a round of Anyo Lima tuned into good quality basics, stance work agility and full extension when punching and kicking.

Next I did a round of Chinto Kata tuned in agility and the correct sequence.

I finished with Healing Qigong