Monday, September 9, 2024

Monday Practice

 


The Details:

It's 49 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:24. It's going to be another cool and clear day. I've got an acoustic guitar lesson here in Leyden later this morning.


The Practice:

I started with an acoustic guitar practice.


Next I went out to my main practice area where I did a round of The 10+ focused on what and when I'm going to present the + part of them. At the moment I'm thinking of first doing the original set that I learned from GrandMaster Leung Kay-Chi back in 1979. Then to start to introduce the variations and additions that I've made to them over the past few years.

I did a full round of Yin Fu 8 Palms around my Bagua Poles. I was focused on the health and agility that I'm getting from doing Bagua regularly. FYI - 'It' (whatever 'it is) needs to be done daily (or as close to daily as possible) in order for 'it' to contribute to robust health and longevity. 

There is only:

Doing

Not Doing

IMO - Once you are regularly doing it, it's time to focus on 'how' you are doing 'it'. The quality of your practice will determine the results. 

Perfect practices

Makes for perfect performances

Next I did a Round of Taiji focused on having the front knee already bent before shifting the weight to it (ala Micheal Phillips). I recited the Taiji Classics during Part I

Next I did a Standing Post Session using all 8 postures

Next I did Healing Qigong

Next I did two rounds of Anyo Tatlo - I had trouble with the sequence about 1/2 way through, so did it again with less thinking....Just doing!

Next I did a round of Seiunchin Kata tuned into the flow of the kata