Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunday Practice

 



The Details:

It's 50 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:23. It's forecast to be the coolest day of the week, with high temperatures in the low 60's. Brrrr!


The Practice:

I started with 15 minutes of acoustic guitar practice. I worked on Sugar Babe and Freight Train along with several basic drills; Pinch and Roll along with C, F, C, G, C with a bass line walk up to each chord. 


Next I went out on The Deck and did a full round of The 10+ tuned into how I'm going to present this material at the upcoming Seminar on Sunday 9/29 from 9-noon @ The Studio. I'm thinking to first present the entire original 10 Exercises, then to present the variations and additions that I've made to the (the + part) over the past 45+ years that I've been practicing them. When I was teaching full time I regularly did 23 classes per week and I'd do The 10 with every class. Now that I'm mostly retired I still do them daily. I feel as though I'm doing myself a disservice if I don't do them; I'm the only one that loses!!! Don't think, just DO!

Next I did Round of Taiji to Master Liang counting the beats to the music. I only got the count/sequence confused once and I was able to 1. Be aware that I did it, instantly 2. I was able to regroup and get back to it quickly.

Next I did Healing Qigong

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian (using Master Mom's Wooden Jian)  to the CD that I made back in 2008. I kept my eyes trained on the tip of the sword. This is the second time in the last two days that I did the Jian Form to this CD and I found it easier this time around. 


I ended with a round of Lazy D's on the left side.